Our mission is to make kayaking a go-to solution for people seeking an authentic experience and new ways for interacting with nature in a responsible manner.
who am I?
If you are reading this then, I must say, I am happy to see that someone besides my family and friends is interested in knowing about my life. I will do my best to try and reveal a bit of who I am in a way that keeps you scrolling till the end!
My name is Ally Mashaura and, as my last name (or my picture) suggests, I am originally from Africa, more specifically, from Tanzania. I moved to Belgium with my family when I was 9 and lived there for 17 years, only to become an expat again, currently living in Amsterdam.
As a child, growing up in Tanzania, I was lucky enough to have a dad who owned a touring business with his friend, where they offered safari tours and excursions to American and European visitors. Through this, me and my brother were able to visit most of the national parks in the country, which is something most Tanzanians never get and cannot afford to do.
To this day, I am very grateful for this opportunity. It made me grow up believing that humans and animals are meant to live side by side and, in hindsight, this is probably when I developed a profound love and respect for nature and all its inhabitants. Fast forward to my teenage and young adult years spent backpacking through South America, Iceland, Vietnam and Europe and, by then, it was clear that I was an outdoor enthusiast.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t shy away from the responsibilities that come with being an adult, and ended up settling for a 9 to 5 job in a big city, like most people. Still, being an introvert and an avid adventurer, I sought for a way to reconnect with my inner child and escape the routine lifestyle in any way possible.
That’s when I applied to be a location manager in Scandinavia, providing kajak instructions, briefings and handing out camping equipment to travelers embarking on their own adventure.
Since then, I have discovered a new way to keep exploring the outdoors in a way that combines different activities (kayaking, camping and fishing) with a sustainable form of travelling from point A to point B, through untouched natural areas.
As I embark on this environmentally-conscious and adventurous way of traveling, I hope to make kayaking a go-to solution for other people seeking an authentic experience, by sharing my thoughts and acquired knowledge through this site. I hope you enjoy it!
Founder and Editor at Adventures Pursuit
What's in it for you?
So why should you read Adventures Pursuit? I would say the main reason you would want to check us out is because you are seeking an authentic experience and an adventurous way to interact with nature in a sustainable way.
If you resonate with the following statements, you will enjoy the content you find on this site:
- You want to feel a sense of adventure and be well informed when exploring the outdoors
- You are seeking an experience that is authentic, environmental friendly and gets you closer to nature
- You want gear advice based on customer experience and not commercial sales pages
- You are environmentally conscious and want to give your children a shot at having the same experiences you are having by protecting nature
How content is created on the site
All the content you will find on this site has been planned and edited by me to ensure they meet the highest quality standards. This is to ensure all information we publish is accurate and you can trust it to make trips and purchase decisions.
As a pragmatic person, I am obsessed with creating well researched and practical guides and reviews of the best methods and gear. For this reason, these are the values that I live by when evaluating new and old content for Adventures Pursuit:
- I don’t publish new stuff every day, but rather focus on quality instead of quantity.
- I believe in honest, well-built content that gets you what you need quickly and correctly so you don’t have to weed through junk.
- I sometimes publish starter articles and update them over time to ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
- As much as possible we try to get our hands on the items mentioned in this blog to get real-life experience with them but it is not always possible so we also rely on extensive online feedback from real customers of these items.
- I also spend a lot of time in local stores, online forums and searching for the latest outdoor gear so that you get to know all the items that might be of interest to you.